Ben Rockwood wrote:
Sounds like a necessary brand and a good idea.

I admit, I'm curious what needs to be emulated?  I would think that
Solaris 10 zones would work just fine under OpenSolaris as native
branded zones.

Ben,

There are a few differences in the kernel between s10
and opensolaris.  Right now we're emulating 10 system
calls and only running shared stack.  We haven't yet
started to scope the work for exclusive stack but with
crossbow in opensolaris, that will be a big area of
emulation.  Once the project goes up, people can see
the exact syscalls we've emulated so far.  Plus, since
S10 and opensolaris are under active development, the
kernels could continue to diverge and we might need
to emulate more syscalls over time.

Thanks,
Jerry