I would like to propose a project to be sponsored by
the zones community.  This project would create a
solaris10 branded zone for use on OpenSolaris.

We will use the BrandZ infrastructure to deliver a
solaris10 brand.  This will be provided as an adoption
and compatibility aid to enable users currently
running S10 to easily adopt OpenSolaris while also continuing
to run their S10 software within branded zones.

As with the existing solaris8 and solaris9 brands on Solaris 10,
this project will provide a 'physical to virtual' (p2v) capability
that can migrate an existing S10 software stack on a physical
system into a solaris10-branded zone running on a OpenSolaris system.
In addition, the project will provide a 'virtual to virtual' (v2v)
capability that can migrate existing native S10-based zones into
solaris10-branded zones running on a OpenSolaris system.

This brand would be available on all architectures that run
OpenSolaris (sun4u, sun4v and x86).

We've started working on this in the zones team.  It will be
hard for the community to actually contribute to the emulation layer
since the Solaris 10 source code in not open sourced, but we
would like to have the full source for the brand and its
emulation be open source and part of OpenSolaris.  The community
could easily contribute to the p2v & v2v code as well as provide
feedback on the brand itself.