The problem I am trying to solve is when a software scanner is run in a
non-global zone, it needs to decide if a package was inherited from the global
zone, and exclude it from the report. We don't want to report the same package
in the zone because it was inherited from the global zone.

I have created a package, ABCDtestpkg, and installed it in the global zone and
the non-global zone.

"pkgparam -v ABCDtestpkg" shows neither one of the followings was set:

- SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES
- SUNW_PKG_HOLLOW
- SUNW_PKG_THISZONE

I then removed ABCDtestpkg from the non-global zone, pkgrm indicated there is a
dependency in global zone.

[i]zone1 # pkgrm ABCDtestpkg

The following package is currently installed:
   ABCDtestpkg  ABCD test package
                (sparc) 1.0

Do you want to remove this package? [y,n,?,q] y

## Removing installed package instance <ABCDtestpkg>
## Verifying package <ABCDtestpkg> dependencies in global zone
...[/i]

How did pkgrm determine ABCDtestpkg has a dependency in the global zone? Are
there any API/CLI to find out such info from non-global zone?

Solaris 10 5/08 is used.

Many thanks,
Jacqueline