> >> I'm looking to prove that by using a zone I can increase the overall
> >> stability of a server (if the app falls over it can't the the machine with
> >> it).
> >>
> > A kernel panic is a kernel panic is a kernel panic. :-)
> >
> > So if an app crashes the complete zone, chances are it will crash the
> > entire box.  After all, it's only one Solaris kernel running.
> Out of curiosity then, how much I induce a kernel panic?

A good question.  I haven't actively tried to induce a kernel panic
for many years, so I'd suggest asking the experts in the osol-discuss
or osol-code mailing lists.

Also, there's a program out there called "crashme" that tries to crash
a system by throwing random input at it:

Hope this helps -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: v...@bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 45
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt