On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 03:28:24PM +1300, Ian Collins wrote:
> On 02/ 9/12 02:24 PM, Will Fiveash wrote:
> >On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 07:13:10PM -0600, Will Fiveash wrote:
> >>I used to be able to configure zones a while back but now I'm stumped
> >>(using released S11).  What I want is a set of zones, each with a unique
> >>IP address such that they can ping each other and the global zone.  I used
> >>to use a zonecfg
> >>of:
> >>
> >>create
> >>set zonepath=/zone/newzone
> >>set limitpriv="default,dtrace_proc,dtrace_user"
> >>add net
> >>set physical=nge0
> >>set address=
> >>end
> >>commit
> >>exit
> >>
> >>and that did want I want.  Now I see:
> >BTW, when I look at the man page I see this similar example:
> >
> >Example 3 Creating a Shared-IP Zone
> >
> >The following example creates a zone that shares an IP stack with the global
> >zone, and is assigned a single IP address and default router.
> >
> >example# zonecfg -b -z shared
> >zonecfg:shared>  create
> You probably want create -b

That was the problem.  The example in the man page is wrong.

> >zonecfg:shared>  set zonepath=/export/zones/shared
> >zonecfg:shared>  set ip-type=shared
> >zonecfg:shared>  add net
> >zonecfg:shared:net>  set physical=nge0
> >zonecfg:shared:net>  set address=
> >zonecfg:shared:net>  set defrouter=
> >zonecfg:shared:net>  end
> >zonecfg:shared>  exit
> I don't see a 'commit' in there before the exit.

In my example I do have commit.  Again, the above is a literal copy and
paste from the man page.

> Did you have an old zone with the same name?  Check with
> zonecfg -z shared export
> >That fails because -b isn't supported and if I remove that then I see:
> Expand "fails", that example works fine (with the commit).

I got zonecfg to work using create -b, thanks

Will Fiveash
Oracle Solaris Software Engineer
Sent using mutt, a sweet, text based e-mail app <http://www.mutt.org/>