On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Mahadev Konar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are fully aware of that Hiram. We are still a sub project of Hadoop and
> have been on sourceforge for a while. For being a sub project the Hadoop PMC
> needs to vote for it. Zookeeper is in the future roadmap of Hadoop for High
> Availability/ configuration management and mounting of different
> filesystems.
> So that's why were able to get in as a subproject of Hadoop.

Yeah.. wish it would have been that easy when we tried to being in
ActiveMQ from Codehaus as sub-project of Geronimo since it was THE JMS
implementation shipping with Geronimo.  I guess the big difference was
you guys did a code grant, while the ActiveMQ stuff had to have it's
ip checked.

Count your blessings.  The incubator is really a horrible speed bump
to go through.

> We are trying to build a community of diverse committers and developers and
> its just the start :).

Awesome

> Hope you guys can help :).

Yep!  You guys have a very interesting project and hard to keep my hands off it.

Are all you guys also PMC members on Hadoop?

--
Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com