Just to update - I filled out an application at length, but there were a
couple of typos in the Google web-app that led me to believe the application
was later than it actually was. There's talk of a possible extension to the
deadline as a result, but...

...it turns out that Apache as an umbrella organisation are participating in
SoC, and by labelling JIRAs with 'gsoc' and 'mentor' we appear in the list
of potential projects at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12314021(and,
sneakily, ZooKeeper is right at the top of that list ;)). See
http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html for more details.

So the recent raft of rather large-sounding JIRAs were me copying the ideas
from http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/SoC2010Ideas to ZK JIRA.

Thanks for the ideas - now we wait for applications...

Henry

>>> http://niemeyer.net/blog
>>> http://niemeyer.net/identi.ca

--