There's been some interest to see this in 3.2.0, which I think is a good idea. We'll be firming up 3.2 plans once 3.1 is out the door.

There's open JIRA on this btw:

Feel free to work on this if you'd like, we certainly see the benefit of this and would like to include in our releases.

The basic recipes are documented here:
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.1/recipes.html

Patrick

Mahadev Konar wrote:
Hi Tom,
 IT does sound like a reasonable idea. If you want to go ahead and implement
one of those, we would be happy to help out and get it into Zookeeper. We
havent had the bandwidth to put in these recipes in Zookeeper code base.
Please go ahead and create a jira if you want to work on it.

Thanks
mahadev