I realize this is discussion is over, but i did want to make one quick clarification. when we talk about ensembles, we are talking about the servers that make up the zookeeper service. we refer to the servers that use the zookeeper service as clients. we have systems here that use ensembles of five servers to provide zookeeper service to thousands of client servers without problem.

Chad Harrington wrote:
Clearly Zookeeper can handle ensembles of a dozen or so servers.  How large
an ensemble can one build with Zookeeper?  100 servers?  10,000 servers?
Are there limitations that make the system unusable at large numbers of