Hi Harold,

Each ZooKeeper server stores updates to znodes in logfiles, and periodic
snapshots of the state of the datatree in snapshot files.

A user who has the same permissions as the server will be able to read these
files, and can therefore recover the state of the datatree without the ZK
server intervening. ACLs are applied only by the server; there is no
filesystem-level representation of them.

Henry