Hi Henry,

Actually, I'm currently working on a research project. Basically, we're
interested in the feasibility of a decentralized location-based services. All
commercially available mobile location-based services (including social
networks too) currently have a "central" server that stores all of the
information of users, our main motivation is the security/privacy implications
of this.

Our approach is to still have maybe some infrastructure but only have limited
role (we definitely don't want the the servers to store user's personal
information).

-Harold