I do believe that it is relatively easy to set up high latency/high error
network interface clones in Linux.  I haven't looked into that for several
years, but it used to be pretty easy.

You can also build a delegater that wraps a real ZK connection.  That would
be more compatible with a mocked object style of development.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> wrote:

> Is there a feature to introduce deliberate lag between the primary and its
>> replicas in the ensemble - for development purposes ?  That could be
>> useful
>> for exposing latency assumptions.
> No feature but it does sound interesting. Are there any tools that allow
> one to setup "slow pipes" ala stunnel but here for latency not encryp? I
> believe freebsd has this feature at the os (firewall?) level, I don't know
> if linux does.

Ted Dunning, CTO