Actually you can do it today, but not as easily. Look at the patch for 544 - in your test you need to create your own subclass of ZooKeeper, then you can use the cnxn in a similar way as the patch does in order to access the data. Not particularly hard, but we've wrapped it up in a nice package for 3.3.0.

I wouldn't stress out too much about this particular issue though. If you implement a reasonable recipe ZooKeeper is doing the heavy lifting/theory and things should just work out in the end. I'd be interested to hear if you do find anything interesting though.

Regards,

Patrick

Mahadev Konar wrote:
Hi martin,
 Currently you cannot access the server that the client is connected to.
This was fixed in this jira

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-544

But again this does not tell you if you are connected to the primary or the
other followers. So you will anyway have to do some manual testing with
specifying the client host:port address as just the primary or just the
follower (for the follower test case).

Leaking information like (if the server is primary or not) can cause
applications to use this information in a wrong way. So we never exposed
this information! :)

Thanks
mahadev