Hi Henry,

I am not talking about the leader election within zookeeper cluster. I guess
I didn't make the discussion context clear. In my case, I run a cluster that
uses zookeeper for doing the leader election. Yes, nodes in my cluster are
the clients of zookeeper.  Those nodes depend on zookeeper to elect a new
leader and figure out what the current leader is. So if the zookeeper (think
of it as a stand-alone entity) becomes unavailabe in the way I've described
earlier, how can I handle such situation so my cluster can still function
while a majority of nodes still connect to each other (but not to the
zookeeper)?

Thanks,

Lei