On 16. Aug 2006, at 18:18, yuppie wrote:

AFAICS the catalog.xml in the profile is a normal catalog setup file. The default import step for this file should be registered and updates the catalog if all steps are run.

Yes, the default machinery creates the UnicodeLexicons from catalog.xml (using the adapter). This part works as expected.

importUnicodeLexicon is a second import step for the same setup file. Looks like this step updates the catalog again. The thing that's different is the fact it reindexes the modified indexes.

Is that correct? What am I missing? What did not work with the default import step (besides reindexing)?

The second step is because extension profiles run in update-mode, and already existing catalog indexes are not touched by the default importers. Hence I need to do it by hand. Another complication is that the index upgrade should happen only once, and not every time the profile is applied. Nuxeo's upgrade extension could be useful here...

Cheers,
Stefan

--
Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen,
causes something else to happen.  --Douglas Adams