Stefan H. Holek, on 2007-03-28:
> Much fun to be had with daylight-saving, eh?
> FWIW, I have double-checked the system time, timezone, and locale
> settings on the machine running the nightlies, and everything appears
> to be sane. I see the same failure on my Mac, so /me shrugs...

I am in the Netherlands, which is GMT+1, though with the dst it would
be GMT+2.  I see this:

>>> from DateTime import DateTime
>>> DateTime(0)
DateTime('1970/01/01 01:00:00 GMT+1')

I see the same problem in a Plone Product of mine (eXtremeManagement)
where bookings added after the DST get listed a day earlier in one
page template.  When I add a booking somewhere in November (I can
choose the booking date) that one gets listed fine again.

I am wondering what should be done.  I *think* I can fix my own Python
Script that is responsible for this now I know that DST is involved.
I want to move to a browser view anyway.

But does this point to a deeper problem?  Does something need to be
fixed in CMF or Zope?

In other words: does this just go wrong in a few isolated places that
need to be fixed individually or does this need a fix in one deeper

Maurits van Rees | [NL]
            Work |
"Do not worry about your difficulties in computers,
 I can assure you mine are still greater."