Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Stefan H. Holek, on 2007-03-28:
>> Much fun to be had with daylight-saving, eh?
>> FWIW, I have double-checked the system time, timezone, and locale
>> settings on the machine running the nightlies, and everything appears
>> to be sane. I see the same failure on my Mac, so /me shrugs...
> I am in the Netherlands, which is GMT+1, though with the dst it would
> be GMT+2.  I see this:
> DateTime('1970/01/01 01:00:00 GMT+1')
> I see the same problem in a Plone Product of mine (eXtremeManagement)
> where bookings added after the DST get listed a day earlier in one
> page template.  When I add a booking somewhere in November (I can
> choose the booking date) that one gets listed fine again.
> I am wondering what should be done.  I *think* I can fix my own Python
> Script that is responsible for this now I know that DST is involved.
> I want to move to a browser view anyway.
> But does this point to a deeper problem?  Does something need to be
> fixed in CMF or Zope?
> In other words: does this just go wrong in a few isolated places that
> need to be fixed individually or does this need a fix in one deeper
> spot?

I think there may be a related error in Zope's DataTime package:

The consensus is that the Right Thing(TM) is to switch over to using
pytz, which is updated regularly when the politically-defined DST rules
change;  I'm not sure anyone has worked out how to do this, however.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)