This proposal is now implemented on CMF and five.localsitemanager trunk.
Everything *seems* to work, but maybe I'm missing something. This might
be a good time to review and test the changes - any feedback is welcome.
There are 10 tools in CMF that are not ready for being used as
utilities, they have to be used the old way until they are fixed:
These 15 CMF tools are registered as utilities, AFAICS only the security
machinery uses their acquisition context (except for portal_membership,
which uses 'self.acl_users'):
five.localsitemanager now returns wrapped utilities without
RequestContainers. This requires a new LookupClass.
- real world testing
- backport to the CMF 2.1 branch
- write migration code for CMF 2.1 beta sites that replaces the
LookupClass and removes some utility registrations
- fix the GenericSetup handler
- figure out if we can make acl_users an utility
- in the long run, modify all tools to make them work as utilities
AFAICS, KSS will no longer need the monkey patch if it sets the
LookupClass to FiveVerifyingAdapterLookup.
Zope-CMF maillist - Zope-CMF@lists.zope.org
See http://collector.zope.org/CMF for bug reports and feature requests