Hi!

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously yuppie wrote:
Running the trunk unit tests triggers warnings like this one:
"UserWarning: Version for profile Products.GenericSetup:default taken from version.txt. This is deprecated behaviour: please specify the version in metadata.xml."

I like the fact that using version.txt for the profile version is deprecated. But you now get always a deprecation warning if no metadata.xml exists in the profile. Is that intended? Is specifying a version now required?

It isn't required - it is fine if a profile has no version. What I did
is add a deprecation warning when the profile metadata did not specify
a version and the version was read from a version.txt file. If you have
no version.txt you will not see the deprecation warning.

But if you *have* a version.txt file the only way to get rid of the deprecation warnings is to add a version in metadata.xml. Right? That's annoying because there is nothing wrong about having a version.txt file and no metadata.xml file.

I agree the deprecation warnings are annoying in the tests, but I could
not come up with a proper alternative.

As long as you don't want to test the deprecation warnings or the deprecated behavior the tests should be modified using the recommended pattern. No?

Cheers,

        Yuppie