Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

Hi Jens,

Just wondering: Now that we are splitting the CMF down into its constituent packages and people don't need to get the old-fashioned tarball, do we need to have a copy of the LICENSE.txt file in every package?

I'd think so, yes.

And if yes, where would it go? It could go into each subpackage toplevel folder, where the setup.py resides, or down into the software folder where the other text files (README, CHANGES. etc) are located.

Not sure whether that's following best practice but here is
how paster/zopeskel generate this at the moment (this is taken
from a custom add-on I'm currently working on):

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/dev/paster/incf.applications/trunk$ ls
docs  incf  incf.applications.egg-info  README.txt  setup.cfg  setup.py

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/dev/paster/incf.applications/trunk$ ls docs
HISTORY.txt  INSTALL.txt  LICENSE.GPL  LICENSE.txt

How do others handle this?

Raphael

jens