Previously Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman, on 2008-05-29:
> > Previously Maurits van Rees wrote:
> >> Wichert Akkerman, on 2008-05-29:

> >> A 'python setup.py sdist' will include the docs directory, as long as
> >> it is in subversion (and has at least one file in it).
> >
> > And when someone installs from that sdist and there is no MANIFEST.in
> > you suddenly end up with installs which are missing data files, zcml
> > files or other things.
>
> Is there a difference in that regard between easy installing an sdist
> or a bdist_egg?  I would think/hope that the end result is the same.

Yes. If you make the bdist_egg from a svn checkout it includes all files
that are in subversion. If you make an egg from something else like a
sdist or a svn export that does not happen (since the svn information is
not available).

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.