Hi Dieter!

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Thus, why do local utilities registered by Five (i.e. these utilities are
> for Zope2 use) do not provide access to the request in the normal
> Zope2 way?

That's what we tried first. But it turned out that Zope 3's site manager
code caches the utilities across request boundaries. AFAICT it would
have been necessary to rewrite the registry code completely to make sure
we return always the right request.

> If they would, local utilities were much nearer to tools and
> the transition would be facilitated.

They would be nearer to tools, but also more distant from zope 3
utilities. I doubt that would really be a win.