Hi Infor,

how did you install Zope and python: from source or did you install the
zope binary version that there is at the zope website? If you installed
the binary, which is my best guest, it doesn't have psycopg. You can
test if this by doing this on a windows console:

C:\> cd yourZopeFolder\bin
C:\> python
>>> from psycopg import *

Then, if you get an error, it means it isn't installed, so, you have
three alternatives to install it:

First alternative:
1.1 Install python 2.1.3 (If you don't have it)
1.2 Install the psycopg binaries
1.3 Copy the installed files to:
    If I'm not wrong, the binaries install a folder in lib\python2.1
1.4 You can uninstall python if you want
1.5 Start zope and try to create a psycopg connection

Second alternative:
2.1 Create a folder called Python in C:\
2.2 Create manualy this registry key:
2.3 Set its value to C:\Python
2.4 Copy the installed files to:
2.5 Delete the registry key
2.6 Start zope and try to create a psycopg connection

Third alternative (I haven't done this in windows)
3.1 Compile python from source -> You will need a c compiler for this
3.2 Install pscopg from source using the previous python
3.3 Install zope from source and use the previous python -> I don't
    know how this works under windows :-(

Josef Meile

Infor Gates wrote:
I am not "using" any python. Basically, it is using
Zope2.6.4's python 2.1.3.  The ZPysopgDA or psycopg
1.0.12 is in the binaries format so I am not sure what
version of Python is used for compilation.

Any suggestions.

On 2005-05-27 at 12:52:05 [+0200], Infor Gates

Dear Zopists

I am looking for ZPyscopgDA that works with

8.0.3 on Windows. Can anyone point me to the URL?

I found an old version ZPyscopgDA ver 1.0.12 for
window binaries.  However, it does not work with
Postgresql 8.0.3. My Zope version is 2.6.4.

Error message:
could not create socket: An address incompatible

the requested protocol was used. (0x0000273F)

Strange: I've got psycopg running fine with
PostgreSQL 8 for Windows. But that is with Python 2.3. It's really the psycopg drivers that you need rather than the DA itself. What version of Python are you running? You should be able to compile your own version. Alternatively you can use our mxODBCZopeDA with the pgODBC driver as this
definitely works.

Charlie Clark

Professional Python Services directly from the
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ... http://www.egenix.com/ >>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ... http://zope.egenix.com/ >>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ... http://python.egenix.com/

::: Try mxODBC.Zope.DA for
Windows,Linux,Solaris,FreeBSD for free ! ::::