--On 28. Juli 2005 21:26:35 +0200 Marcin Wudarczyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

I've read the manual for Z SQL method and set up a simple example with
query having a parameter. Everything works fine but then I realised that
parametric Z SQL Methods are not passing its parameters to DB as
parameters but inserting it into SQL string. I think this has
significant impact on perfomance - DBs have special facilities to cache
compiled queries and change only parameters. Is there a way to use this
features from Zope?

Not really.

(I understand that I can manually make queries via DB-API, but I loose
sync with Zope transactions? Anyway I would prefer to use Z SQL Methods)

I've never had the case where ZSQL methods were *slow* whatever this means. There are usually parts inside an application that are slower :-) It's nice2have feature but you can live without it.

-aj