--On 29. Juli 2005 22:22:38 +0200 Marcin Wudarczyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote:
For the record: the overhead is about 40% on non-cached queries.r

That's why were are using CCSQL methods :-)

Not really - CCSQL caches results of the same query. Caching queries in
compiled form in DB server allows to speed up execution of all further
queries (i.e. for any parameters) based on that query.

It does not matter. My point is: most of my database-driven applications are "fast" enough (fast enough means that nobody complains about speed). In the case where I had slow response times than this was caused either by non-DB code or by unoptimized SQL queries, missing indexes etc...nothing where prepared SQL statement would have solved my life.

-aj