On 4/14/06, Cynthia Kiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hope you get an answer to this - but I think you are probably
> asking the wrong list

Thanks for responding. Well, I choose this list because I thought
(without extensive Zope knowledge) a possible solution would be to use
an external DB, like MySQL for example, on a separate server for all
client data and only use the ZoDB for site/programming related data.
My thought was then that I could point both the production server and
the test server at that DB server. I take it this isn't easy to
achieve ?

> and you have found the fatal flaw with Zope:
> it is really hard to separate programming/configuration from the site
> data. Those two things are intertwined in a single binary file, the
> ZODB and things that are easy to do from the admin interface (2 second
> changes) take a long time to script.

It was my understanding though that you can use an external DB in
conjunction with the ZoDB, wouldn't it be possible to put my
client-entered data (form responses mostly) on this external DB ?

Christopher Appell