--On 14. April 2006 18:19:38 +0200 Christophe Appell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/14/06, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can you give me an idea of the level of effort to accomplish this
> partial data abstraction ?
This depends really on your individual use case. Sometimes you have an
exisiting RDBMS and want to store additional content in the ZODB and
sometimes it is vice versa.

In this case _everything_ is currently in the ZoDB and I want to be
able to protect some of the data.

"protect"?

I am in no way attempting to impose
a database choice, there is no reason in particular in this case that
pushes us to use an RDBMS. In fact another hypothesis I had thought
about was setting up a ZEO server to abstract the data, perhaps this
is a better route ?

"abstract"?

Please define both.

-aj