Am 19.01.2007, 20:10 Uhr, schrieb Paul Eipper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hmm, that was "Yes, it does the transaction thing automatically." or a
"Yes, you need to do it manually." ??

It is done within a Zope transaction so you don't have to do anything.

 Dennis, I will start looking at SQLAlchemy, it sounds very
interesting. I was under the impression I needed alchemist to work
with that on Zope.

 At a point I was really thinking in doing it all with mySQL stored
procedures, but thought that doing the actual logic in Python would be
much better, since I would have to learn the stored procedures
'language' also otherwise.

Your database should manage your data, not your application.

 Anyways, I am progressing with scripting in Python code here, even if
very slowly.

Gently does it.