Am 17.02.2007, 13:52 Uhr, schrieb Robert-Reinder Nederhoed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Dear Nguyen,
For as far as I know, mxODBC is free to use in a non-commercial environment. So you can freely use it for your research or graduation project. Once your
school adopts your application, they can licence mxODBC.

This is not correct. Only the Python mxODBC driver which is part of the mxCommercial package is free for non-commerical use. However, due to persistent abuse (we sell less than one licence for every thousand downloads) we are reviewing this policy for future releases.

So for you, it seems to be legally free after all

No (but then neither is MS SQL), but we have issued Minh Quang with an evaluation licence and are prepared to extend evaluation periods providing we are given full details.

BTW. a lot of people seem to be using mxODBC together with Oracle and Oracle's Instant Client driver. Unfortunately if our support requests are anything to go by the Instant Client driver seems to crash a lot.

Charlie