I'm sorry I didn't post back to the list like I said I would.

        The issue I was having with Zope 2.2.0 and SiteAccess 2.0.0b2 has
been resolved.  In short, it was user error.

        Being new to Zope I didn't realize that the superuser account has
special status.  I thought it was just the name of the default user that
gets created when you install Zope.
        When I created the SiteRoot object I was using the superuser
account, and Zope was complaining that the superuser cannot be the owner
of the object.  SiteAccess 2.0.0b3 fixes the error reporting so that it
doesn't cover up the error with a generic "this folder already has a
SiteRoot object."  Once I saw the real error I easily resolved it by
creating a new account and using that to add the SiteRoot object.

        Thanks again to those who helped me out.  I am learning more and
more about Zope, slowly but surely.

Michael Monsen                   | Due to lack of interest,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             |    next week has been cancelled.
http://www.xmission.com/~phydoux |

Zope-Dev maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**  No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
(Related lists - 
 http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )

Reply via email to