A lot of the listed complaints are trying to be addressed by the
"WikiNG" proposal, which is (of course) in the Proposals wiki on

> Okay, here's an idea which people may or may not like:
> How about running the 'Discussion' parts of (in particular) dev.zope.org
> from ZDiscussions, ZUBB or Squishdot?
> These products are designed for discussion and are better at it than a
> Wiki. Speaking for Squishdot, you get a lot of notifcation (not as much
> as I'd like, wait for Swishdot for that ;-) and threading, and it's even
> got Stuctured Text support now.
> <end of advert ;-)>

This may be a good idea... personally, I really don't have much of a
problem keeping up with the discussions, but it seems a lot of people
do.  This idea should probably be floated in dev.zope.org itself as a

> I dunno about other people, but I've given up on dev.zope.org simply
> because I cannot track the changes without having to put in a
> disproportionate amount of work.

You give up fast.