Am Fre, 2002-09-27 um 17.17 schrieb Florent Guillaume:
> On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 16:42, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> > I've traced back the source of my UTF-8 + plain string problem.
> > My python script calls manage_changeProperties like this:
> >   context.manage_changeProperties({'standorte':standorte})
>
> You should use
>
>     context.manage_changeProperties(standorte=standorte)
>
> otherwise manage_changeProperties thinks (stupidly) that the mapping
> that was passed is a REQUEST, and tries to return the management page,
> whose rendering sets the UTF-8 header.
I thought manage_editProperties is here to deal with the ZMI?

> There is a lot of braindeadness like that in this old code (abuse of
> REQUEST), but we have to deal with it. :-(
Well, either one has two APIs (for web and internal use) or we will have
to live with things like this. :(
[I do not see a way to differ between this two, as most internal use is
triggered by some web request, ...]

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>