Hi!

I have tracked down the problem with Collector issue 517 (Unicode problems)
now:

My Product used a modified manage_page_header that did not set the meta
header for the encoding. After copying the relevant lines from the new
manage_page_header in Zope 2.6 everything works fine, except for one
remaining issue:

One can create properties with Umlauts or other non-ASCII characters (which
probably should be forbidden in general). While in 2.5.1 it is possible to
delete such properties again, 2.6b1 will throw an error:

The property [...] does not exist

Probably the lookup in the property dictionary does not use the right
encoding.

I am not sure if that breaks old code, but the best way of getting rid of
that problem might be to catch the creation of non-ASCII property names and
don't let people use them.

Cheers

Joachim