Andy McKay wrote:
Casey Duncan wrote:

I would be in favor of making the Examples "opt-in" like the Zope tutorial. It seems silly to have it in evey ZODB by default. Make people add it if they want it.

+1 a simple "How to add the examples to the ZODB" at the top of the help would be good. Mind you I really dont want the HelpSys in my ZODB either :)

Removing the help system could also appreciably boost startup time. I can't remember the last time I used the help system, yet it creates a ZCatalog for each Zope product. It would beneficial to allow users to disable it completely.