--On Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2003 18:22 Uhr -0400 Casey Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Actually I regard the current behavior as a feature. Using a stopwatch
and a  slide-rule I can estimate to within 100 objects, how many values
are indexed  in a catalog by measuring the time it takes to draw the
indexes page.

Please do not remove this most valued feature!

I agree but the current implementation sux. Switching to a counter based solution would solve the problem. The only problem I see is to keep the code fully backward compatible.

-aj