Say a method listFilesByUser returns a list of (user, [files]) it'd be nice to be able to::

tal:repeat="user,files here/listFilesByUser"

or similar. Currently we would have to use a python: expression to manually unpack the tuple. Kinda yucky.

yeah, or make listFilesByUser return {'username': user, 'files': files} and::

 <tal:x repeat="user_dict here/listFilesByUser">
   <tal:y define="user  user_dict/username;
                  files user_dict/files" />
 </tal:x>

also not ideal. I think the format in your example works well.

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za