Fred Yankowski wrote:
That makes sense.  Is there a way to do that with the CMF 1.4
version of the "CPM"?  One could, I suppose, test the names of the
FSDV folders in CPM predicates, but that seems a royal PITA.  That's
why I'm making do with one-size-fits-all CPM policy for now.

Here's how I handle caching, for the record.

I use squid, which doesn't require last-modified headers. I guess that's not an option for you, or you'd probably already be using it ;-) But in any case, I don't see why Shane's suggestion of uncommenting the last-modified line shouldn't work.

I use a standard HTTP Cache Manager for all our caching needs - I have yet to find the granuality allowed by CPM necessary. I add 2 or 3 cache managers to the site (e.g. slow_http and fast_http). I associate templates which need a fast turnaround (e.g. the home page) with fast_http and others (e.g. the site map) with slow_http.

(BTW, in the CMF you can associate FS Objects with named cache managers by adding a file called foo.dtml.metadata with the following contents::

The only class of request for which I need to have a separate policy is requests from people who are actually editing a site. I have created a customised HTTP Cache Manager which doesn't cache requests for specified URLs. I then instruct site editors to edit the site using, e.g. '' and to view it using ''.

   [] j a m k i t
     web solutions for charities

        seb bacon
T:  020 7549 0520