On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 12:02:32PM -0300, Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm with a client in the process of setting up a production environment
> with ZEO.
> Which of the ZEOs should I use?
> * Old (t)rusty ZEO 1.0?

> * ZEO 2.0?

> * any one of the ZEO releases at http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO ?

> * a ZEO ripped off of a ZODB release? Which one? (maybe even this last RC?)

Yes! Use ZEO from at least ZODB3-3.1.2.  I know that one is good,
I can't speak to later releases.

>  * In this case, should I make the ZEO server out of this ZODB release or
>    should I just combine the ZEO server part into Zope and serve ZEO out of
> that?

the latter... just copy the ZEO directory into zope_source/lib/python/

>  * If use a standalone ZODB release as ZEOServer, can/should I run it on
> Python2.2
>    While using Python2.1 ZEOClients? (I'm not running Zope 2.6.2 on Python
> 2.2)

no idea, sorry. I still use python2.1.3 for everything zope-related.

Paul Winkler
Look! Up in the sky! It's NIHIL COOKIE WITH AN ATTITUDE!