Dennis Allison wrote:

Glad to hear the news. I tried using Python 2.2 and 2.3 with Zope
2.6.2b3 with little success in the early Fall without success--but
the many problems were RH9 related. We've since gone back to RH7.3 (the
last stable RH release in my book) and used Python 2.1.3 for Zope (and Python 2.3.3 for everything else except RedHat tools).

RH9 has been rock solid for us, given two choices we made:

  - *Never*, *ever* run Zope in production with the OS's version
    of Python:  it *won't* be built optimized for Zope, and it *will*
    change unexpectedly (from the perspective of the appserver
    developer).  The SA will feel free to change the OS Python,
    including adding potentially destabilizing extensions, or
    *upgrading* it, and will be unrepentant when you (the appserver
    developer) complain that he broke your Zope.

  - *Run*, don't walk to get access to the updated kernel and glibc;
    the kernel, in particular, which RH9 installs out of the box is
    pathetically useless for running a memory-hungry appserver.
    We have found both yum and the apt-rpm port useful for keeping
    servers up to date.

Tres.