Marco Bizzarri wrote:
Hi all.

We're trying to tackle a problem in hanging connections in ZPsycopg.
However, I would like to have some information about the functioning of
the _v_ attributes, and the cache management. In particular:

1) where is the code which handles the _v_ attributes (I like to look at
the source code, you know ;))

2) where is the code which handles the caching of the objects?

3) is it possible to disable caching of some object?

4) when an _v_ attribute is removed, what code of the object/attribute
itself is called?

I'm not sure which caching you mean -- _v_ variables aren't cached afaik.

Theres plenty source code to look at, for example lib/python/ZODB/cPersistence.c -- there is some special handling of _v_ attributes there.

Search for the Per__getstate__, ghostify / unghostify functions

If possible, please answer also directly to me (I'm not on this list).

Regards
Marco