Marco Bizzarri wrote:

 I'm trying something inspired to that at the moment... I succeeded in
 installing an hack, very inspired from your code (but at a much simpler
 level) and some code in the SecurityManager,

?!

where I mantain a dictionary
of connections, indexed by the result of thread.get_ident().

:-(

 Once a
 thread needs a new connection, either it is present in the dictionary
 or not. If it is present, give it to the thread and assign that to the
 _v_database_connection attribute. Otherwise, create a new one, put in
 the dictionary, and go on as before.

When do these connections get closed?

 Of course this is a (horrible) hack, because if you have more than one
 ZPsycopg objects you will end with mixed connections (aaaaargh!)

Indeed.

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk