Has anyone had a go at building a new templating language for CSS files? I
can really see the need as the current prefered way of using DTML has the
disadvantage that the css is no longer valid once templated. ZPT of course
would be the solution if CSS was XML, but alas :( I was thinking that there
must be some way of reusing TAL and/or metal to put expressions in CSS
comments.
My current need for this is being able to put set correct absolute urls for
background images in a css file such that I can still use dreamweaver to do
visual editing.
Speaking of which, absolute urls are a real pain. There must be a better way
of being able to edit files on a file system and have the server use
absolute urls without having to write expressions for every single
reference? Isn't there some equivilent to the html base tag to specify what
"/" means?

Dylan Jay
---
http://www.meetmemap.com - makes giving directions easy