On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 08:11:44AM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
| Lennart Regebro wrote:
| >From: "Jim Fulton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| >
| >>Initially, I propose to move just the repository heads. Maintenamce
| >>branches (e.g. Zope 2.6 and Zope 2.7) will remain in CVS.
| >
| >What is the rationale behind not moving it all?
| Risk mitigation;  we have significant support requirements for deployed
| systems built around CVS for both 2.6- and 2.7-based sites, whereas the
| head and Zope3 have no such inertia.  We don't know enough about the
| migration process to have any confidence that existing history /
| branches, etc., won't be somehow messed up, which makes it prudent to
| plan the migration around the already-unstable bits.

Just FYI, Kapil has been doing a good job at improving the script that
migrates from CVS to SVN, and we are ready to flip the switch to move
Plone, Collective and possibly Archetypes to SVN.

Sidnei da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

Real computer scientists like having a computer on their desk, else how
could they read their mail?