Dieter Maurer wrote:

True. But if they are not planned to be fixed at all, then they should be closed.

You risk to get less bug reports in the collector...

Filing a (good) bug report takes quite a bit of time.

   When you have gotten rejections for several bug reports
   (that took you quite a bit of time) you will start thinking
   whether the next bug report is worth the effort.

I do not think this is what the community should wish for...

I feel compelled to scream "me too!" here. Closing a bug, even if anonymously or incompletely reported does not make Zope any better. See the recent case of a bug that was closed that was still an outstanding crash issue. Thankfully Tim managed to rescue that one. How many other have we lost and are still suffering from as a result?!

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk