Tim Peters wrote:

While that *should* be a good example, it isn't:  I only knew that bug
existed because someone closed it on Bug Day (and I'm subscribed to the
Collectors, and read the email they generate).

*bangs head against desk*

Some bugs are so vaguely described nobody could guess -- and when they're
anonymous too, there's no effective way to get more info.  Those ought to be

How about removing the ability for people to post bugs withotu specifying n email address? And, if they do specify an email address, using that to contact them by sending notification mails to it?

For all I know, this happens already, but people don't perceive it as happening so the ythink "anonymous" bug postings will never be heard from and so close them straight away as "anonymous, therefor we don't care"

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk