On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 07:48:22PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Gerhard Schmidt wrote at 2004-5-13 11:23 +0200:
> >Is there any why to get a shared session working.
>
> You know that the ZODB is not designed for high frequency
> concurrent writes?
>
> When you want to reduce conflicts you will need to try hard
> to minimize concurrent writes.

Thats not that easy. Because we use many Thrid Party Products many of
them use session quite often (namely Placeless Translation Service).

> I have a (non-open) "Transience" implementation that
> writes much less then Zope's standard implementation.
> However, due to a ZEO weakness, its conflict resolution
> currently does not work (ZEO no longer supports "INSTANCE_HOME").

Is that a bug or intetional.

Bye
        Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 |   auf Anfrage/
Tel: 08232 77 36 4 |                                    |    on request
Fax: 08232 77 36 3 |                                    |