I'd like to revive this discussion about having events in the core.

Sidnei even mentionned getting them in Zope directly,

I'm all for it, and would really help many people.

It would be awesome if a minimal implementation could be compatible with
Zope 2.7.4, maybe as an addon product. But there needs to be a few hooks
in the core (object create/move/clone/delete).

Could we try to move together on this ?

For the record, CPS has to monkey-patch many things to have its events
work, and now that many others want events (Plone for starters), it
would be nice to have a common framework, a Zope3-ish framework if