On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 07:21:08AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> This is a reminder that there will be a feature freeze for the December
> Zope releases on November 1.

OK.  I thought there was going to be a 2.9 branch by now,
but I don't see one.  Is the trunk totally frozen now or what?

Is it too late to land my long-forgotten configure changes
as discussed at
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2004-July/151839.html ?

This would allow multiple "preferred" versions of Python
when a bugfix release of python comes out - so we don't do
something silly like advise people to downgrade from a perfectly
good 2.4.x  to 2.4.(x-1).

I negligently never merged my branch, forgot about it, and only
remembered it when Florent nudged us to clean up old branches. I
have a local zope 2 trunk sandbox with my changes hand-merged into
configure, but my branch is so ancient that I think I should delete it
and start over.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com