Stephan Richter wrote:
On Sunday 13 November 2005 10:48, Jim Fulton wrote:

Chris McDonough wrote:

I suspect there's just some miscommunication about who is actually
supposed to make the branch.  I have just gone ahead and made it.

But yes, now that there is one, the 2.9 branch is frozen for features.

I wish you hadn't done that.  We shouldn't be making the branch until we
get to beta. We can't get to beta until a lot more bugs are fixed.
Everyone likes to work on new features, but we need to get bug fixed to
actually make releases. I'm worried that we aren't going to make the
time-based release schedule. The only leverage I can see is feature

Jim, I am really glad you wrote this comment. I was going to write a similar E-mail, but thought it would be out of line for me, since I am not involved in the Zope 2 development. If someone would have done that with Zope 3, I would have been pretty annoyed. Thus for Zope 3, if someone creates a release branch without discussing it with me first, then that person automatically becomes the release manager for that release.

BTW, I'm sure Chris meant well.

I appreciate that you were trying to help.
I still wish you hadn't made the branch. :)

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation