On 2 Dec 2005, at 20:40, Dieter Maurer wrote:
Florent Guillaume wrote at 2005-12-1 19:49 +0100:
I've improved the logging of ConflictError in Zope 2.9 and trunk.

Now you'll get two things:
- logs at level BLATHER for each conflict, but it may be retried
- log at level ERROR when the conflict can't be retried anymore and is
returned to the browser as an error.

Apparently, you stopped following our thread (you, Chris, me):

  In my view, a "ConflictError" observed by the user
should be treated exactly like any other exception observed by the user:
  it should go through the "error_log" and "standard_error_message".

That's what my patch did.

  It might be logged (when the user decides that exceptions seen
  by the user should be logged).

I can agree with that.

  The approach to achieve this it to fix a bug in Zope's
  "zpublisher_exception_hook", not to add an explicit log
  when the final retry fails (though the extra log entry
  will not hurt significantly).

The patch I did included the fix you proposed in the patch in the mailing list archives based on the collector entry.